Organization Mission: Oliver Scholars prepares high-achieving Black and Latinx students from underserved New York City communities for success at top independent schools and prestigious colleges. We provide crucial support for our Scholars so they can realize their full potential and ultimately give back to the city, the nation, and the world.
Position and Summary Reporting: Reporting to the Director of Admissions. the Admissions Intern must demonstrate an ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with team members, faculty, students, alumni, administrators and staff. A flexible work schedule that will include days, evenings, and some weekends is required.
- Contacting prospective families and students to collect necessary documentation needed to enter the program.
- Creating social media campaigns to boost our program visibility.
- Administrative Data Entry work
- Event Planning
- Developing and creating new marketing campaigns for new admission season 2024 - 2025
- Analyze data on 2021-2022 admissions season and make recommendations for 2022-2023 admissions season
- Research prospective schools and community-based partners for the 2023-2024 admissions season
- Data Entry into new database system
- Prepare communications, such as memos, emails, invoices, reports and other correspondence
- Write and edit documents from letters to reports and instructional documents
- Must be enrolled in an accredited undergraduate program
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Proficiency in oral and written Spanish
- Part-time 10 to 20 hours per week (January 16 to May 10, 2024)
- Must be available for in person office hours depending on the occasion
- Takes initiative: Act on one’s own initiative; making the most of opportunities; undertaking tasks, even if it entails risk
- Analytical: Understands complex information; making connections; drawing conclusions
- Creative: Coming up with new ideas, approaches or solutions
- Flexible: Manages to adapt if circumstances change
- Written communication: Is capable of communicating well in writing, even with people who communicate differently
- Monitors outcomes: Regularly checks whether work is on schedule
- Verbal communication: Understands others and being understood in verbal communication
- Teamwork: Work well with others and thrive in a team environment
- Integrity: Submits finished work-product that meets your own high standards
- Commitment to excellence: Strives to do deliver your best work-product
- Collaborative learner: Enjoys working with others to learn on the job
Compensation: Stipend payment of $1000
We are committed to ensuring our office and alternate educational and event locations are safe for employees and the constituents we serve. The policy of the organization requires all employees to be vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19 to safeguard the health of our employees, visitors, partners, and the constituents we serve.
Oliver Scholars is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law